Cauliflower is all the rage, popping up as a main ingredient in some of our favorite foods like pizza crust and rice. I love me some buffalo wings, and decided to experiment with creating a vegan friendly version. It’s crispy, spicy, crunchy, and more or less guilt free since you know, you’re eating vegetables and all.
1 Head Cauliflower, Cut into Florets
1C Rice Flour
2C Panko Breadcrumbs
1C Water, more if needed
1/2C Red Hot Hot Sauce
1T Garlic Powder
1/2t Cayenne Pepper
1/2t Ground Black Pepper
Vegetable Oil, for frying
1. Pour oil into heavy bottomed pot and fill about half way. Set burner on medium high heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour, water, garlic, cayenne, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Toss cauliflower in batter and make sure it is coated evenly
4. In a separate bowl toss cauliflower in panko breadcrumbs
5. Once oil has reached 375, deep fry until golden brown, about 4-minutes. (Don’t have a frying thermometer? Test oil by dropping a few crumbs of panko).
6. Remove cauliflower onto paper towel lined plate.
7. In a large bowl, whisk together agave and hot sauce.
8. Toss cauliflower in hot sauce mixture.
9. Serve and enjoy!