This is the soup I will feed my future children. Every ingredient in this creamy delight has antiviral, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties that stimulates the body’s natural defenses against unwanted invaders. In addition, it supports the immune system and as an added bonus reduces cholesterol. I swear by this soup, but because it is a bit time consuming I make it in large batches and freeze it so that I can always have it on hand. It’s flavor is reminiscent of a Thai curry, and for that reason I always eat it with a small bowl of white rice.
25 Whole Garlic Cloves, unpeeled
25 Whole Garlic Cloves, peeled
2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter (1/4 stick)
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
3 Tablespoons Ginger, grated
2-1/4 Cups Onions, sliced
1-1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme, Chopped
1/2 cup Canned Coconut Milk
3-1/2 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth
Juice of 2 Lemons
Pink Himalayan Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place 25 unpeeled garlic cloves into baking dish, adding olive oil and sprinkle of salt, tossing to coat.
3. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to a small bowl.
4. Melt butter in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, thyme, ginger and cayenne powder and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes.
5. Add roasted garlic and 25 raw cloves and cook for 3-minutes.
6. Add vegetable broth, cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes .
7. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
8. Return to pot, add coconut milk and bring to simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve and enjoy!