NECESSARY VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup – Supports respiratory function, immunity and promotes easy breathing. Most commonly used to relieve whooping cough and bronchitis, Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup will aid in the strengthening of your lungs.
- Black Elderberry Syrup– Supports immunity. Elderberries are a fruit from the Sambucus tree. Most commonly used to relieve common cold, influenza and swine flu.
- L-Lysine Amino Acid– Supports stress response receptors and protects against cold sores. Most commonly used for it’s anti-viral properties.
- Echinacea– Fights flu, aids in healthy cell growth, reduces inflammation, and helps with anxiety management. Most commonly used for immunity support.
- Vitamins C, D and Zinc- Supports immunity, aids in growth, development and repair of all body tissues. Retains calcium, maintains phosphorous levels in blood. Reduces inflammation, boosts immune health, speeds healing process.
- Happy Lung Tea– Cleanses, heals, and supports lung function.
- Samahan Tea– Supports immunity and has anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Most commonly used to relieve cold and flu symptoms and for general good health.
- Stay Positive: Stress strains your immune system and you absolutely cannot afford for that to happen! With fear and hysteria growing exponentially, this is an excellent time to begin practicing meditation to quiet your mind. Insight Timer is an amazing FREE resource–you can download the app in the appstore. There are thousands of variations of guided meditations that range from short to long (1-minute to hours), with topics that cover gratitude, attracting abundance, relax, and sleep, just to name a few.
- Keep Moving: Your gym membership may be temporarily on hold, but don’t let that stop you from staying active! Fitness expert BB Arrington suggests doing labor around your home, as it will help raise your NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogensis), which are high energy burning activities outside of working out. “Be active in life, not just the gym.”
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking water, especially warm to hot, is said to help kill the virus and flush it out of your system. Water also helps lubricate your organs, which will aid in keeping everything in working order.
- Eat Well: Garlic, Turmeric, Spinach, Ginger, Green Vegetables, Mushrooms, Herbal Tea, Citrus, Peppers, and Alliums (Onion family), are all anti-viral, anti-fungal foods that boost your immunity. Many of you are stress eating, which is totally understandable, but be sure to get some good nutrients in while you’re doing so.
- Keep Distracted: This is your chance to finally treat yourself to some well-deserved self care, take up that new hobby, finish that business plan, call that old friend, and spend more time with your family without feeling guilty.
- Wash Your Hands & Stay Clean: This goes without saying at this point, but practicing good hygiene can never be emphasized enough.
Although it appears as if there is no end in sight, we will get through this! Think of all the good that has come, thus far: the world has united, love and compassion are stronger than ever, we are forced to appreciate the small things, forced to spend time with our families, and are finally giving Mother Nature time to rest and, possibly even, heal as we heal ourselves. All of our ancestors have prevailed through dark and trying times, regardless of race, gender or creed. “After every storm, there is a rainbow. If you have eyes, you will find it. If you have wisdom, you will create it. If you have love for yourself and others, you won’t need it.”