An adult-twist to an American classic. This burger, quite literally, is exploding with flavor! It’s mildly sweet, tangy, buttery, and will have your eyes rolling to the back of your head. I came up with this recipe after collecting a bunch of random ingredients from the giveaway table on set at work. One of the many perks of working behind the scenes on food shows. After a long day, I remember craving a “Juicy Lucy,” which is a Minnesota-born cheeseburger with cheese inside the meat instead of on top, resulting in a melted core of cheese. The bacon jam and brioche bun takes this burger to the next level.
1-1/2lbs 80/20 Ground Beef
4 Slices of Cheese, of choice (American, Cheddar, etc)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
2 Heaping Tablespoons of Bacon Jam
4 Brioche Hamburger Buns, toasted
4 Leaves of Greenleaf Lettuce
8 Tomato Slices
Condiments, of choice
1. Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Form 8 thin patties.
2. Cut each slice of cheese into 4 equal pieces, stacking the pieces. Sandwich one stack of cheese between 2 ground beef patties. Tightly pinch edges together, sealing the cheese within the meat. Repeat with the remaining cheese and patties.
3. Preheat a cast-iron or other heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until well browned, about 4 minutes. It is common for burgers to puff up due to steam from the melting cheese.
4. Turn burgers and prick the top of each, using a fork or toothpick, to allow steam to escape; cook for about 4 minutes.
5. To assemble burgers: spread condiments of choice on each bottom of bun, add lettuce then the patty, tomato slice and top with bacon jam and bun.
6. Serve and enjoy!